Homeopathy may be defined as the therapeutic (treatment of diseases) method of Symptom- Similarity.It should clearly understood that Homeopathy differs from other systems of treatment only in its fundamental doctrine of SIMILIA SIMILIBUS CURRENTER i.e. Let like be cured by like as well in pharmaceutical preparation of homoeopathic drugs. There appears to be no difference so far as preventive medicine or diagnosis is concerned. Homeopathy adopts mechanical part of surgery, dentistry, mid-wife & gynecology etc., but bitterly differs so far follow on treatment is concerned. Homeopathy has a common approach with regards to immunology as it is based on homoeopathic law of similarity but it is in contradiction regarding its pharmaceutical preparation.There is also no difference of fundamental science which is based on fundamental laws like that of Natures Law of Cure.The homoeopathic law of cure is not new.It is ancient in origin.
Its reference is found in Indian philosophy or to say Hindu manuscripts. Later Aristotle recognized it. Hippocrates further looked to its possibilities and applied it in some cases. But the credit goes to Hahnemann who demonstrated to the world that this law is universal and not occasional and thus created a new science and art of healing called Homeopathy. Homeopathy is a natural healing process in which the remedies assist the patient to regain health by stimulating the body's natural healing forces and defenses.The choice of remedy depends more on the patient's individual reaction to illness, mentally and emotionally, than on the signs and symptoms characteristic of the disease. Homeopathy is concerned with the whole person rather than treating the patient simply as a bearer of disease.
No such crude drug is used in Homeopathy, it use medicine (prepared through some special process & tested on human being).
Very minimum medicine is needed.
One medicine serves various purposes.
At times in many cases single dose is sufficient.
No bitter taste as another form of drug.
Sweet pills attract children which help to give them medicine at proper time by their mother.
Easy to administer, in the case of the unconscious patient only inhalation is sufficient to produce effect.
When correct simillium is given acts faster than other system medicine.
Even result may be observed within few seconds.
Helps to bring equilibrium/coordination within In some acute common cases recovery may be observed within 1/2 days whereas in another system it takes little more days.
Detail case taking procedure tries to understand the patient as a whole.
When the patient comes for the treatment of one disease, he or she may gain the benefit for other diseases what he/she did not mention.
No drug dependency.
Helps to boost immunity.
No side effects, only side beneficial effects.
Act as preventive.
Tendency or proneness to some diseases can be checked.
Medicine can be selected on many occasions just by seeing the patient without interrogating much.
Homoeopathic doctor gives emphasis on long–term benefits not only short term relief.
Patient can tolerate short suffering for long lasting relief or cure.
Cure is possible in Homeopathy, no such shifting of disease from one part to another part.
Treatment can be started even before the diagnostic procedure.
Medicine may be taken along with other form of treatment.
Some of post-surgical discomfort can be reduced.
Where cure is not possible patient's vitality could be improved.
In case of old age when there is multisystem damage & when patient cannot tolerate any form of drug Homeopathy is tolerated well.
Offspring also is benefitted by giving medicine to the pregnant mother.
Cost effective treatment. With mental symptoms homeopathy offers a gentle relief without any side effects.
Total suffering in a year, frequency of attacks can be reduced. It will be non-recurrent.
In case of irreversible pathological changes quality of life improves.
Medicinal aggravation ceases naturally in time in most cases.
Only internal remedies are used In very few cases external remedies are applied with very justifiable grounds (like cut, burn, wound).
Gentle Environment-friendly. No question of such medical waste products.
In case of terminally ill patient, when there is no chance to survive- under homoeopathic palliative treatment painless and peaceful death ensues.
It helps patient towards adjustment with his capacity to maintain life.
Homeopathy is the hope – when there is no hope, when there is no answer in other medical system.
Note: All reasons noted based on personal views/experiences, it should be checked & verified. The result of homoeopathic treatment may vary person to person, also depends on the concern treating physician.
1) Treatment is safe, gentle, rapid, permanent and natural.
2) Its basis of treatment is Vital force, Mind, emotions, Intellect and Memory.
3) It believes that every disease is caused by the derangement of Vital force; the causative factors disturb its harmony by congestion or depletion. The sensorial and pathological manifestations follow it thereafter.
4) It affirms it faith in 'Law of Similar' that 'Let like be cured by Like'. The law of similar follows the dictum of nature as 'Natures Law of Cure'. Occasionally it has been observed in nature that a long-standing blindness was cured after the advent of small pox. Similarly it was observed that chronic deafness was cured after the advent of measles. Here two similar but weaker dynamics of blindness or deafness were cured by similar & stronger dynamics of small pox and measles.
5) Homeopathy does not believe in simple cure but it advocates complete eradication of diseases not to occur for several months to several years or throughout the life.
6) To cure a disease 3 dynamics are essential:
a) The dynamic derangement in patients vital force.
b) The causative dynamic morbid agent likes the life force of bacteria, viruses or parasites (not its dead tissues) or stress, fright etc.
c) The dynamic, the stronger homoeopathically prepared remedy.
7) Homeopathy fulfills the purpose of life i.e. transformation. The best homoeopathic prescription is made on mental base.Every homoeopathic remedy transforms negative energy to positive one. Because it is usually used to remove the diseased symptoms and for a particular disease the phenomenon of transforming from negative to positive on mental level is so minimal that the patient is not usually conscious about it. He forgets as soon as his disease symptoms are removed. On cross examination he may report that during this period he noticed that he was not irritable as well as not depressed asbefore etc.
8) Occasionally when treatment by other discipline comes to an end Homeopathy begins.
9) The treatment is devoid of drug toxicity.
10) Its ascending and descending potencies as per susceptibility of the patient are capable of breaking drug resistance without producing any side effects.
11) It cures acute as well as chronic diseases with rapidity.
12) Some Surgical cases with homeopathy becomes non-surgical.
13) It treats MAN but not his disease. When MAN is treated the disease syndrome disappears itself.
14) The man consists of his Soul or Vital force, Consciousness, Will, Understanding, Mind, Intellect and Memory. Man consists of what he thinks and what he loves and there is nothing else in man. Unfortunately these become the seats of diseases by the external causes like pathognomic organism as well internal ones self created by the action of self. All medicines operate upon the tissues, the functions and sensations. The symptoms of mind have been found to be the most important symptoms in a remedy and in a sickness.
15) The derangement takes place in dynamic vital or soul force of a man, which is manifested as disease by its sign and symptoms. The pathogenesis of disease is an outcome of the derangement of the vital force. This is how it is advised to; treat the base than to run for ultimate. The pathology, the presence of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites, changes in tissues etc. automatically get well. In fact pathology of a diseased person converts into his physiology in due course, as may be required in different cases.
16) This is how during the homoeopathic treatment the patient maintains his own resistance and does not get weak fast. The treatment is in fact a blessing in disguise.
17) All homoeopathic drugs proved on healthy human beings and their mental and physical symptoms are carefully recorded. When similar symptoms are found in a sick person these drugs are applied as remedy always giving priority to symptoms of mind, his will and understanding.
Homeopathy is an ancient form of medicine dating back to the fifth century. In fact, it was well known to the Greeks and was then re-introduced in the nineteenth century by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
By virtue of their infinite dilution, homoeopathic remedies are completely safe, non-toxic and non-addictive even for babies and children, mothers and pregnant women. No side effects have been reported. Its international adaptations and effectively in the treatment of millions of people worldwide have clinically demonstrated the success of Homeopathy. Indeed it has often been successful where all other forms of treatment have failed. It is recognised by "AYUSH" department of health ministry for the safety of pregnant woman also infants.
It is normally an indication that the medicine is working when symptoms are aggravated briefly. If it gets aggravated for prolong time, please consult your doctor. Homoeopathic medicines do not suppress disease, but seek rather to eliminate it naturally.
Homoeopathic remedies are best taken in the early morning on an empty stomach or between meals, leaving at least half an hour before or after taking food.It is true that some foods may counteract the positive effects of homeopathic remedies. This is particularly true of strongly flavored foods and drinks, mint etc.
Yes, it is perfectly safe to do so, though side effects from the conventional drug may complicate the symptom picture and make the choice of homeopathic medicine difficult. However, when in doubt, always follow your doctor's advice.
There is lot of misconception among laypersons and some of medical and paramedical persons about the use of cortisone, a steroid in Homeopathy medicine. Homoeopathic approach to the patient's care is individualized and treats the patient as the whole person, the need to use steroid does not arise.
When the steroids are used for long term, following effects are observed. Cortisone shows side effects like fluid retention (Moon face), excessive body hair, osteoporosis, diabetes etc. Sudden withdrawal of cortisone causes reappearance of disease or symptoms in a severe form, if disease has been taking its due course inside the body (masking). Sense of well-being is felt temporary. Cortisone causes severe gastritis, if taken empty stomach. Homoeopathic medicines are administered empty stomach. High milligram of steroids for long term use, normally counteract the effects of Homoeopathic medicines. If steroid is so dangerous, why is it freely available? Modern medicine uses as lifesaving drug in certain conditions. Any medicine for that matter if not used judiciously can be harmful. More over steroid is not a cure for all the ills of the world. The test for cortisone or steroid can be carried out in case of doubt at a reliable laboratory by second method as described below.
The first test is "colorimetric method using tetrazolium blue salts". In this test, the reaction depends upon the reduction of tetrazolium blue salts to give a highly coloured compound known as Farmazan. Under controlled conditions the amount of Farmazan developed in proportional to the quality of steroid or any reducing sugar present in the material being tested. Homoeopathic base (vehicle) is cane sugar or lactose; it will impart a strong color with tetrazolium blue salts, which will give a false impression of presence of steroid. Secondly, if the alcohol used in the method, which is not completely free from aldehyde, it will interfere with the reaction and impart some characteristic color, which may give a false positive reaction for steroid.
So this method is not advisable to determine the presence of steroids in the drug. All Homoeopaths use lactose as a base for holding the pills, containing the homoeopathic remedy, together in the powder. The pills are made of cane sugar, a reducing sugar. So when pills, powder (lactose) and alcohol used as a diluting agent, it is likely the test to be positive for steroids, if this
The second method to test steroids is Liberman Buchard test, thin layer chromatography method and UV absorption method.
Almost all steroids show UV absorption between 235 and 240 NM in dehydrated alcohol or methanol in a clear solution. A complete spectrum of this solution is taken between 400 NM – 220 NM on a suitable Spectrophotometer. If any steroid is present, it will show maxima at 240 NM.
When Homoeopathic remedies were tested, they did not show maxima between 230 and 250 NM indicating an absence of steroids. When steroid (Clobetasone – 17 butyrate) was added, the test shows maxima at 235 NM, which is positive for steroids.
The method and procedure needs to be properly checked before allegating to the concerned Homoeopathic Physician for claiming the tested medicine for Steroids. Homoeopaths of ethical values, integrity and commitment to their profession do not use steroids, and in fact have no need to.